Sunday, June 23, 2013

How I Missed Out on a Fortune




The other morning I pulled a much larger than normal egg out of our basket to cook breakfast. Our chickens have not been happy since their feed was stolen a few weeks ago and they had to make due with maize bran until it could be replaced.

The eggs have been tiny which made finding this treasure of a large egg extra special.



I expected to find a double yolk in it for sure.

I was not prepared for what I found instead.

When I cracked open the egg nothing but egg white came out--nothing that is except a fully formed tiny egg complete with hard shell.




Sarah told me later that her brother once found an egg like this at the poultry plant where he worked. His boss said that if he had left it intact (had used a candle to see inside), it could have been worth $3000.

All I got was an extra large omelet.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis