Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Weekend of Anniversaries

This past Thursday marked my third blog anniversary. You can read my first blog post here. This was my mention of the anniversary  two years ago

Friday and Saturday we played host to those attending the Mutomboko celebration for the sixth year in a row. We had 27 Peace Corps volunteers show up to camp. Combined with two tourists and our six volunteers, that made for a large crowd!

It was also our sixth year to pit roast a pig. Sixth year to worry and agonize! It turned out great! as always. Why do I worry so??

You can read the original, (and very) detailed posts of what Mutomboko is like here, here and here.

I'll try to share photos of the celebrations, events and adventures which took place this year later on. I have to track them down on multiple cameras since I was kinda trapped in the kitchen supervising and cooking.

Here is a list of what we cooked up for dinner alone:

one 22 kg. (48 lb.) roasted pig
2 gallons of BBQ sauce--slow cooked in our solar ovens
about 5 gallons of coleslaw
5 pounds of Spanish rice
lentil curry for our vegetarian guests

I also kept cold drinks at the ready for our 35+ visitors and mixed up a batch of dough for P.W's cinnamon rolls. Needless to say, taking pictures was not at the top of my list. 

I did manage to squeeze in a few rounds of cards (Nerts!) and some lively conversation though. So much fun!

This Sunday was also our 23rd anniversary of being married! Twenty-three years sounded like such a long time when we first got married. Now, it seems like a blink of an eye. We're looking forward to the next 50 years.


This photo was taken on our vacation in May. We were staying at a friend's cabin in Ruidoso, NM. Such a beautiful town!!

All in all it was a wonderful weekend. How was yours??

P.S. I know it's already Tuesday, but I collapsed Sunday evening and barely moved at all on Monday. Can you blame me?

Exactly One Year Ago: Well, Hello There!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis