Thursday, April 12, 2012

Things I'm Lovin' Right Now

I accompanied my daughter to her university to give her moral support while she wraps up an overdue paper. In the meantime I get to use the high-tech computers with the massive 20" monitors. Of course I used this time to read blogs and play Facebook games.

OK, I did print out some important papers--that took all of 5 minutes.

I'm also listening to Pandora radio. High speed internet! so wonderful! In case you're not familiar with Pandora, you can enter an artist or song into the search and Pandora will create a station around that style of artist or music. Today my stations have been Lady Antebellum, Jason Mraz, and Scott Joplin.

******
Sometimes we look around us and see a lot of bad in the world. We wonder if the future is going to be very bright. Many of the young people we see are self-centered--focused on material things and their own pleasure.

But there is hope in the world!

Today I read this article by a young college student. He is headed to Kenya this summer but I hope he'll one day consider making Kazembe his new home.

And I remember that we have nine wonderful young people (including Meg) spending their summer with us this year. There is hope for the future!

This is what I'm lovin' right now!

P.S. Stay tuned for future installments of "What I'm Lovin' Right Now"--some might surprise you.

Exactly Two Years Ago: Tipping--Right or Privilege

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis