Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Checking In

I know. I know. I've been absent. I apologize. 

I wish it could be something exotic and adventurous that has kept me from writing, but it's just been work plain and simple--office work at its finest.

If I were a truly great blogger I would have whipped up loads of articles in my free time to have available to publish during busy moments. Sadly, I'm not there yet. 

Here are some of my excuses in no order whatsoever:

Child needing multiple and daily injections for a week. 

Piles of files to tidy and complete to wrap up a year of charitable work.

Child with convulsions caused by either malaria or epilepsy.

A staff member who stole from the orphanage and had to resign.

A Super Bowl Monday to organize in the middle of a workday (meaning I didn't get the day off)

An upcoming trip to prepare for.

Allergies that require me to take knock out medicine early each night.

An adolescent with math issues.

And so on and so forth. 

This time of year must be busy all the time. As I scanned through my archives to find something I wrote on this date in other years, I came up empty

But, I do have an assignment for you! and I'll have another later in the week.

Today's assignment: Tom is preparing our brand new video (which I will be taking with me on the aforementioned trip) showing the kids and the orphanage over the last year. Every year he makes a new promo video and he's done amazing work. Trouble is, he feels like he's used up all his tricks. He says he has video block or director's block or something like that.

So, here's where your part comes in. Over at Vimeo we have four of our past videos. Could you take a peek and then let us know in comments what you like or what you'd like to see more of, or what would interest you in a video. We're shooting for a ten minute video. I can't wait to hear your ideas!

And........GO!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis