Monday, September 19, 2011

It's a Party!

Welcome, everyone to my special day! I'm so very excited to be able to open my home to you today. When I found out that I was going to be featured on the SITS website, I screamed out loud. Which, in retrospect wasn't the best thing to do since I had just finished screaming over a very real threat

SITS is a community of bloggers that offers support and training. I've learned so much from them and made a ton of friends. You can read my interview here.

For all my new friends, please feel free to poke around and get to know me. Please forgive the dust. Since it's the dry season and the roads are unpaved, dust is our constant companion.

Wave hello to my kids. They're probably deep in a geeky discussion. That's fairly normal 'round here.

Shout howdy to my hubby. He's a Texan at heart. He keeps my life interesting. Don't believe me? Check out that list up on the left sidebar. Scary! He also has his own adventures.

As we keep walking, you can meet some of Our Kids. They're a friendly bunch and will keep you laughing with their shenanigans. Getting them all to sit for a portrait is quite an adventure. Some of them have had really interesting journeys. Click on the Our Kids label to get to know them.

I just got back from a trip to our capital city. It's a twelve hour drive on a good day, but the buses take 16-19 hours to make the journey. My adventures are too many to list here, but I try to keep my humor in all of it. 

With all the adventures we have, you'd think I'd be used to it by now--but no, I still get pretty freaked out. I hope that when people read how foolish I am, they will see that God is the one doing the work here--He just chose me as His unlikely vessel. I frequently pour my heart out in this space and I'm grateful for readers who support me.

I've done some question and answer posts so if you are interested in getting to know more about me, my family, and our work, send questions to amymorrowinafrica@gmail.com and I'll try to include your question in a future post. Include your link and I'll give you a shout out.

My posts aren't always on a strict schedule as we battle power cuts and internet outages and sick babies, but I post just as often as I can and never run out of material. I encourage you to subscribe either via email or a reader. It will be worth it!

Exactly One Year Ago: Happy, Smiling Faces

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis