Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sundays in My City

I've been teaching Tom's Bible Class while he's been away. Normally he teaches on Saturday and Sunday afternoons but I chose to just do the one Sunday afternoon so I can have a more restful Saturday. Working from home can be challenging in that, if you're not careful, you'll work 24/7. We have to force ourselves to get the rest we need. Tom is better at it than I am. 

Anyway, to do something a little different, I made little cards with the names of the books of the Bible. I separated them according to New and Old Testaments and have been letting the students compete in trying to put the cards in order.



The team with the fastest time in organizing both Testaments gets a chocolate bar each, at the next class. This serves a few purposes. Only those who arrive at class within the 30 minute grace period get to take part in the game. Then, I only hand out the chocolate reward the following week.--If they don't show up, they forfeit their prize. This encourages attendance. Then, finally, they are all getting much better at knowing the books of the Bible. It's a win-win-win!



These past few months we've been teaching on the financial principles from the Bible. It causes us to challenge a lot of the cultural norms. It's been a very good class and I hope and pray it is making a real difference in our students' lives.

Unknown Mami
 
Thank you for stopping by this lovely Sunday. Click the button above to 'travel' the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis