Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Excitement All Over the Web

I'm so excited! I have done a guest post for the very first time ever! Mimi over at Screaming Mimi invited me to write about our orphanage and also our Christmas Project. I wrote about when we first received Johnny who has actually spurred this whole thing on. I think you'll enjoy reading it. Head on over. I'll be here when you get back.


We have some volunteers helping us over these next few weeks. One of the projects I have them working on is inventorying our library and getting it up online. We're using Library Thing as our base for it. What I like about this website is it is incredibly easy to add books and then others can peek in and look at what we have in our library and what we might still need. Our library name is KazembeOrphanage.
Wanna know a secret? I'm a little jealous that these volunteers get to spend all day inputting data and handling books. One of my dream jobs would have been to be a librarian. I'm really glad it's getting done now though.

Sherry over at Semicolon is holding a book drive for us and has a list of books on her blog that she thinks we could use in our library. I'm excited just reading the titles. She has Amazon links for each book so people can purchase a book and then have the book sent to her. The money she receives from the affiliate program helps her to pay for shipping the books to us in Africa. Go check it out!


4 comments:

  1. Yay! A guest post, those are fun :)

    Johnny's story and pics were inspiring! I'm praying for you all and your work. Our Christmas packages are on their way to you.

    Happy day to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go check out the books!

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!

    I also wanted to tell you that you should let people know if they're only sending books, it's cheaper to send them media mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, one more thing, because it just occurred to me. Are the kids learning Bemba from the nannies? I feel that language is REALLY important for Zambian cultural identity and I can't believe I haven't asked that before. And, I will try to send you some Bemba books for the kids, too. The book store at Manda Hill actually has a good selection and lots of bible stories/local tales.

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis