Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Still Here

I'm having technical difficulties with the internet connection, getting computer time in and managing (juggling) my to-do list.

Just wanted to drop in here and let you all know I haven't disappeared or fallen into an especially large pothole.--Although that is getting to be more and more of a possibility. I sincerely pray that they fix our roads soon.

When we drove back from Lusaka on Saturday we had a carload full of medical equipment (more on this exciting news soon!) and felt/dreaded every pothole even more because of our precious cargo.

Another item to make our trip that much more interesting was that our back up gas tank failed to turn on when we pushed the switchover button. We stopped once to pour our back up, 20 liters of diesel into the tank but that didn't get us very far. Of course this had to happen on the most deserted stretch of road. When it looked like our little bit of extra diesel wasn't going to get us to the next town, Tom got really stressed out. He asked me to switch off the music because, "it wasn't conducive to the emergency". LOL 
I think we were listening to country music at the time. I should probably download the Jaws theme for the next time we have a roadside emergency.

The next town we came to did not have a filling station but someone was selling diesel from a drum on the side of the road. We carefully put in another 20 liters and made it to Mansa where we could fill up our primary tank. Still no idea what's wrong with our secondary tank....


Yesterday I spent the entire afternoon investigating a possible mail fraud situation involving a sweet lady in the U.S being taken advantage of people just down the road from here. I'll share that story with you as soon as I can. 

Basically, just more of my crazy life. And here I thought I would run out of things to talk about. Imagine that!

Coming soon: pictures of Chola enjoying Lusaka and news about why we took him there and also I'll tell you about that precious cargo.

Until then, may God bless and keep you on your own personal adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Good to know you're still okay. What craziness with the gas tank situation!

    Always look forward to hearing more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You MUST write a book. I'd love to own a copy.

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis