Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That.

 Johnny at the Easter egg hunt
Timmy wrote about life at the orphanage on Facebook today:
We did a test on the kids the other day to see if they are loved enough to also show compassion to others. My Dad sat with all the kids (who were having dinner) with a plastic spoon and started eating. After a minute or two my Dad broke his spoon on purpose and began to fill sorry for himself (acting only). All the kids were just watching as Dad began to say, "I am sooo hungry and I have no spoon" and stuff like that. Johnny tells my Dad, "Get a new one." After my Dad convinced Johnny that there isn't anymore Johnny said, "No Mommy will bring you a new spoon from America." Now my Dad was trying not to laugh from a comment like that but says that, "he is hungry now." Finally Johnny says, "Here you go." and gives him his own spoon.
  Another new baby. Her name is Elizabeth and she is one month old.
As far as I know she is healthy. Isn't she pretty?
  Yesterday was the first day of the craft show. If you are in the Houston area please stop by our booth today. We need to sell everything! 
The address is: Trinity Episcopal Church, 5101 N. Main, Baytown.

3 comments:

  1. what a wonderful, and inspiring story;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story! Elizabeth is a doll and quite bundled up! Hope the craft did well.

    Blessings and hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis